In the UK, a kitten has survived despite being trapped in a washing machine for a full cycle.
Toby, the lucky plucky tabby, is thought to have crawled into the washing machine before it was switched on, to escape the summer heatwave.
Doesn't he bear an uncanny resemblance to Brad? hmmm...long lost distant cousin, perhaps?
It was only after the machine had completed its 30-degree cycle that Toby's owner discovered him.
The seven-week-old kitten was rushed from his owner's home in Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, to a local vet. Staff at the Kirkton Veterinary Centre warmed the kitten and provided him with oxygen.
Vet David McLaren said: "The kitten was unconscious and hypothermic with an exceptionally low temperature and had clearly swallowed a lot of water.
"As well as the problems caused by the cold water, we also suspected it might have suffered fractures or internal injuries as a result of being spun during the wash."
The pet has now recovered, with no long-term ill-effects, and is back home with his mother and four brothers and sisters.
Angelina's Note to Self: Make sure Brad doesn't jump into the washing machine again.