Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Exclusive: An Interview with the Runaway Kitty

Fancy that! She made the headlines!
Nikki: Thank you for agreeing to be interviewed, Angelina. I'm sure many readers out there are curious to know what really happened on May 17.
Angelina: The pleasure is mine, Nikki. I'll try to answer as truthfully as I can.

Nikki: Alright. First question, what made you do it, and why?
Angelina: Ooh...you mean why did I run away? Hmmm....let me tell you, honestly I was inspired by that classic, The Prince and The Pauper by Mark Twain. I imagined myself as the prince, wanting to sample life as a pauper. Yeah...that's why I did it.

Angelina was inspired by this book, she said. Look at that character on the cover trying to go over a balcony! (pic from Uncle Google)
Nikki: So that explains why you didn't invite any of us to go with you, eh? Not even a note to say where you went. Or a postcard at least.
Angelina: Yeah...I wanted to sample life as a peasant, I can't do it if any of you had tagged along. It would also reveal my true identity.

Nikki: Tell me, who did you meet and are the alley cats, the feral and the roaming felines friendly?
Angelina: Being cooped up indoors makes me realise how cut off I am from the crowd. Don’t you feel the same, Nikki? So, communicating with the strays and the ferals was not easy. OMG! Thank God I was spayed.

Nikki: Weren’t you scared?
Angelina: Not really coz this area of ours is brightly lit. The neon lights help.

Nikki: Didn’t you miss the comfort? The fluffy mattress, air conditioning, served food? The internet, blogging, google?
Angelina: Of course. That’s why I came back….errr….made myself found. After six nights of sleeping in the open, sheltering at corridors when it rained....I told myself I wasn't cut out to live like a pauper. I was also soooo hungry.

Nikki: Any bad habits you picked up?
Angelina: I don’t know if you want to call them bad habits. Hmmm….let me see…I have a liking to waste bins now….I had to forage when I was out there, you know…Mama doesn’t seem to like that at all.

Nikki: Of course she won’t like that. She serves our food in a platter every morning so why would you want to forage still?
Angelina: Old habits die hard, Nikki….err…newly acquired habits, in my case.

Nikki: What are your plans now that you’re back?
Angelina: I’m going to campaign that Mama and Dad allow us to be outdoors, supervised of course. Perhaps we can use a harness or something. It’s also to encourage Mama to exercise. What do you think?

Nikki: Sounds good and workable. Perhaps you can write a proposal and submit to the family for approval?
Angelina: Will do. There’s also another matter on my mind...but it's kinda delicate.

Nikki: What is it Angelina? You can tell me.
Angelina: Hmm....since you insist I'll tell you. I notice that there are so many tabbies in this area. Some of them were even mistaken for me. So, what if we hold a competition to look for Angelina's lookalike. All those tabbies can compete for a lifetime supply of Royale Fancy Feast.

Nikki: OMG! Your vanity defies gravity.
Angelina: I know….*smirks* I call that self confidence.

Nikki: Hmm….last question, OK. I heard that you lost weight. Really?
Angelina: Oh yes. I did. At least a kilogram, the weighing machine didn’t lie I hope. Mama says I'm lighter when she lifts and cuddles me, see here (pointing at butt area) it's obvious here. You can feel my butt bones.

MMS sent to Mama at 1am on May 26, 2011, a week after running away.
Nikki: I believe you but I'm not touching your butt.
Angelina: Come on...we're family...

Nikki: It’s OK. Thanks but no thanks. I think we should wrap up this session.
Angelina: Really? So soon? I have heaps more to tell you.

Nikki: It’s OK. Until next time, ciao! I have to run now.
Angelina: Alright. See yah….. My pleasure too, Nikki.

Nikki's note: Angelina's not an easy subject to interview. Next in line is Mama. I hope she'll be easier to talk to. Me so not ready to be pawpawrazzi. meowww....Nikki.

42 comments:

Kama At-Tarawis said...

what an accomplished scribe.. err.. interviewer you are nikki. you hv what it takes to write for "Meow Mail"..

[psst, i think i'm falling for you... noo, not auntie puteri..it's me awang!]

Cat-from-Sydney said...

But Awang...aren't you a girl too? Err....what if I introduce you to my brother Michael? He has Siamese blood and blue eyes too. purrr....meow!

m.q said...

wow..the famous angelina adventure!!! maybe u can write a book about it Nikki.

much love;
BoBo Salem & ChaCha

Sandy said...

Haha this is a very funny interview ! It's a wild wild world out there, be happy for a warm cozy home, Angelina :D I'd like to see that Angelina lookalike contest

Cat-from-Sydney said...

m.q. dear,
Me? No....Angelina can write her own book. meowww...Nikki

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Tante Sandy,
And Angelina is a wild one too. Isn't she? meoww...Nikki

mokja said...

Dell : Errr my mamason doesnt seem to worry whenever I do my disappearing act nowadays.She knows too well,I'll come back to home sweet home.
She calls me 'anak jantan'

rohaizahabas said...

Puteh ada lagu untuk angelina tu....

suruh dia dengar tau...

nama lagu...pulang lah..
penyanyi nya awi rafael..
suruh mama bukak youtube ya..

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Dell,
Awak tu dah biasa merayap. Kita orang ni duduk terperuk dalam rumah, tak pernah keluar. Tikus pun tak pernah jumpa seumur hidup. meowww....Nikki

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Ezza,
Kita nak dengar yang Abang Put nyanyi untuk Angelina. Macam mana bunyinya ye? meoww...Nikki

one of Fae's humans said...

nice interview! i'm just really glad you're home. :)

getting into the garbage is a really bad habit! i hope you can break it and all is well again!

Sandy said...

Angelina thinks she's wild but I know she's a softie homely cat

lupie said...

Great interbiu Nikki!
We are glad Angelina is back!
Yipp Yipp Hoooray!!!

Like the part "Thank God I was spayed" Hahahah ... with the Tom Rempits around ... can be very dangerous! Thank gooness!

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Angelina do you miss winter? It is the first day of winter here.

CATachresis said...

Austin says that outside is fun fun fun ... but only if you can go inside to nice soft woollie blanket, gentle scritches and cordon bleu cooking!

Oskar said...

You're doing great at moderating! Can't wait to see what comes next.

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

aby said...

hazard for female cat when going out door, many male cat which will make approches ended in mating among them.

after two month we can see our cat pregnant,

hope wont happen to angelina

Tamago said...

Angelina, I enjoy reading your interview!!
It will be great if you can go outside again with harness on. I hope you get approval :-) It will be safe and fun!!

Marilia said...

Congrats for interview!!!!!

CS said...

CAT
Next time bila nak keluar jjcm or jjjk = jjjumpakawan, pls bring along a hp.

My Pin2 has gone missing for a few days now. No sight of her and I dont bother to look for her. Let her roam the world :-)

Ellen Whyte said...

hehe, truth and sex. You could write for a page 3 paper!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Fae's human,
Angelina is still carrying on with the garbage and that adds on the "cold war" she's having with Mama. I'm soooo stressed. meoww...Nikki

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Tante Sandy,
I'm singing this to you: If you don't know her by now...you'll never never know her.... meoww....Nikki

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Lupie,
Ain't she lucky? Or else we'll end up with more mouths to feed in this household. meoww...Nikki

Cat-from-Sydney said...

MKG dear,
Angelina said she misses those days when she just hogged the heater... meoww...Nikki

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Austin dear,
The trouble with Angelina is that she wasn't having any fun outside and she lost her way home. Oh well.....she's back now. meoww...Nikki

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Oskar dear,
It's hard work. meoww...Nikki

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Uncle Aby,
Angelina has been spayed so we don't have that kind of worry, at least. We were afraid she would come home with fleas and fungus. Thank God she didn't too. Or else she'd be in quarantine. meoww....Nikki

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Tamago-san,
Mama said: Maybe. Dad said: No way. We'll negotiate again. meoww...Nikki

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Marillia dear,
Thank you...it was hard work. meoww...Nikki

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty CS,
You have a different stand compared to Mama, of course. She's cememeh..... meoww...Nikki

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Au & Target,
Yeah...Angelina can be Page 3 girl? meoww....Nikki

Nana said...

Owwh, Angie, I hope you learned your lesson well. Your mama was so smashed when she thought she had lost you. No more adventure for you ok. Har har har...:)

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Nana,
May we send her to you? For custody? Don't tell Mama I said this, OK? meoww...Nikki

~CovertOperations78~ said...

I don't agree with you kitties going out without a harness! There are too many dangers out there! A harness would be okay, but it takes getting used to.

i amsterdam said...

Har..har..har.. I sure enjoy reading this. You are one budding writer Nikki :D

Clooney said...

Oh Angelina, we are so glad that you are back safe and sound and can now give us the scoop on your adventures. I bet you came back because you missed Brad...

Cat-from-Sydney said...

CO78,
Mama hasn't decided on the harness. We'll see.... purrr....meow!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Mother of Ilham,
Thank you. I hope Mama will agree to me pursuing studies in journalism. meoww...Nikki

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Heya Cloon,
Brad is my pal now. Angelina? Who's Angelina? meowww....Nikki

Unknown said...

Fabulous post! Creativity at its max! Love it!

Most of all, am so glad that Angelina is back!

Hugs

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Paula,
I'm only doing my duty. meoww....Nikki