|Kiss the Cook? Oooohhh....YES!!!! (pix from Uncle Google)|
We tried Curtis' Mango Glazed Salmon
Ingredients (to serve 8):
3/4 cup white wine vinegar (we used balsamic vinegar)
1 tbsp pure honey
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped (we grated it instead)
1 mango, peeled, pitted and cut into large chunks
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp coriander, chopped finely
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
8 x 170g salmon fillets, skin removed
1. To make glaze: place vinegar and honey in a medium saucepan, over a medium heat. Cook until honey has dissolved and liquid has thickened slightly, about 2 mins.
2. Add ginger and mango. Bring to low simmer and continue cooking another 5-7 mins, or until softened.
3. Remove from heat and transfer contents of saucepan to a blender. Process until a smooth puree forms. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, season with lime juice and soy sauce, and fold in coriander.
4. Preheat grill to high and line a medium baking tray with foil.
5. In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over high heat.
6. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place in pan, flesh side down, and cook until golden brown, about 15secs. Flip over to sear other side for another 10secs.
7. Immediately transfer salmon, flesh side up, to baking tray lined with foil, and coat with mango glaze.
8. Place tray in oven under grill and cook approximately 5 mins, or until salmon is just done and glaze starts to brown. Transfer salmon to a plate and let rest 2 mins.
9. To serve, transfer fish to platter and serve with sides.
|Our version....we used cutlets instead of fillets.|
|Burp...(excuse me!) It was delicious! yummmmyyyy.....Curtis would be so proud of me.|