Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Nikki's Story

Hi! It's Nikki here. Angelina says I have to tell you all myself. Of how once upon a time I had this ugly scab on my stomach. It was ugly and I hated it. It was also itchy and throbbing and painful sometimes. It also hampered my otherwise healthy lifestyle as it made me spend time more on Mama's bed or our red sick bay....errr.....chair. 

Hmmm....what happened was, I was walking with a limp. I don't really remember what happened then. Did I fall off something as I was doing my routine exercise? Anyway, Mama and Dad took me to the vet. They prodded and did an X-ray on my foot. It was painful, OK!  Well, I didn't whimper or anything (hmmm...surely not good for my street cred) but I bit whoever dares touch my leg. Then the vet gave some medicines that Mama forced me to swallow every morning. For the leg, they said.

Then I started to feel itchy around my tummy. I don't know what it was so I started scratching and licking and scratching and licking ....until....a scab began to develop and started becoming bigger and bigger and bigger. Mama had a scare coz that's where the vet had previously cut to spay me. Yeah...so I've never been kissed....(Tom and Mike and Ralph don't count as they're my father and brothers).... 

So off we went to the vet again and this time they said I somehow had an allergic reaction to the medicines they gave me for the hurt leg (which was just a minor injury in the first place). Hahaha....Mama was sooooo ready to sue the vets. So, they pleaded and didn't charge for the second visit. So I get some kind of cream to lather on the scab and somehow it reduced the size. Phew! I'm so over it now. Actually not coz I'm still talking about it now....three years later.
Look at that ugly thing on my stomach! 
Close up of the ugly thingy. Yuks!
Aaahh...still have to keep it clean and sanitary and germ free....
And....as for why I get the nickname "koala"....the incident with the leg and scab made me less active for a while. And so I became somewhat rotund, chubby, tubby...whatever. Well, better "koala" than if they were to call me "telly tubby" I guess.
Do I look like a koala? No, right?
So, there you have it. My story.

The second sexiest girl in the house (after Angelina, of course),
Nikki Lauda Kidman-Cruise (that's my full name.....sigh....)

38 comments:

Unknown said...

*sniffs* Ouch!!! It must have been so painful..So sad!!! Dear Nikki, I hope it does not hurt any more and I hope it will heal real soon!!! Take care and hugs to you!

Salam

RoySr said...

Euuuuh! So glad it's cleared up and gone. Bad Vet for not doing the right things with the right medicines.

So now we start to loose some weight and slim down a mite more? That an awful thing to say I know, but tubby kitties just doesn't have the fun slim kitties have, well, actually, they get more time with the beans and that is a major plus in my book. Course I'm a bean and I may be a mite prone to an inflated ego .... whatever. I think I need to hush .....

Love from Buddy, Miki, Tegar, Smokey, Miss Princess, and Rowdy, and the beans Lisa and Roy in SouthWoods NE MS USA.

Wan Sharif said...

The last statement tu kena percaya ke??

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Paula,
This happened yonks ago...so no more pain for Nikki. Thank God. purrr....meow!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Uncle Roy,
So far, she's lost like 200g? Her latest pix is the one I posted on Saturday. Compare with today's pix....not much of a difference. har har har *evil laughs*

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Ayoh Wang,
Never ever doubt Nikki. This is my blog and Nikki was a guest writer. So, she'll have to say something nice about, non? purrr.....meow!

Rosmawati Yusof said...

Uh, kesiannyer nikki. Takper itulah keistimewaan Nikki, ada tanda kat perut...

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Rosmawati,
Sekarang ni kawasan tu macam bulu tak berapa ada. Pink aje kulitnya.... purrrr....meow!

Pi Bani said...

Hey Nikki! Angelina twisted your ears to get you to include that last statement, didn't she?

Anonymous said...

I think it's time you do a family tree here somewhere. I am definitely at lost on who is related to whom and how. *sigh* Sorry la, Aunty Andrea getting old already.

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Pi,
I heard that! purrrr....meow!

Angelina

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Andrea,
It's very simple. Tom and I are siblings. So his wife Nicole is my SIL. His children are my nephews and niece. Brad? He's my personal slave. har har har *evil laughs*

Mr Puddy said...

Nikki !!! That's scary !!!!!
I purrs for you to heal quickly !!!
Take care my dear
Hugs
Puddy

meowwmania said...

adehh meremang lak bulu tengkok aunty meow tgk mende kat perot kamu tuh...

tak senonoh la vet tuh, baik la kena saman..

sian kat Nikki...takpelah aunty doakan semoga Nikki sihat sentiasa yer :)

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Mr Puddy,
It's OK. She's fine now. purrr....meow!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Meoww,
Lagi meremang bulu tengkok kalau tengok Mama mengamuk! hehehe.... purrr....meow!

Lady of Leisure said...

huwaaa kesiannya nikki, mesti sakit masa tu kan.. come darling nikki, let me hold your hand,said Arri. ehem ehem. :D

i amsterdam said...

Glad you are ok now Nikki, you look just like your mum, the serene beauty...

PS : I dont mind spending a few hours on that red sick bay.. its so cute.

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Arri darling....if you had been there then, am sure the pain would just fly away with a kiss....aaarrgh.... Nikki

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Mother of Ilham,
Yeah...I love that red chair. There are so many pix of me on that red chair. It's in the shape of palm and fingers. purrrr....meow!

Madam Tai Tai Again said...

Gosh..it still looks painful despite three years have passed. Poor Nikki! Hope the wound will heal nicely soon (and not for another 3 years!).

mokja said...

Dell : I once was nearly balded when the vet gave me an injection for something.
Huh...awful vet.

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Gina,
The wound on the stomach is healed....but not the wound in Mama's heart! Know what she told the vet? "My Nikki maybe just another cat to you but she's my precious child. Get it?" OK, maybe you should take my Mama to that beautiful spa..... purrr....meow!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Dell,
I think we should go and check what they're teaching at those vet science schools, eh? purrrr....meow!

Sandy said...

Poor Nikki ! I'm glad it's cleared up, that must be some sad days >.< That's kinda like shingles in humans, right? Nikki , you're such an adorable koala ^^

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Tante Sandy,
Yeah...we're all glad the ordeal is over. So, you think the nickname koala suits her, eh? purrrr....meow!

Dmarie said...

OUCH! that is some big owie!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Dear Dmarie,
Yeah. That was such a big owie.... Welcome to my crazy feline world! purrrr....meow!

Ellen Whyte said...

Poor Nikki, that sounds horrible! Hope you recovered completely.

~CovertOperations78~ said...

Oh you poor baby! That horrible scary big wound! *Sniff sniff sob* I can imagine the pain and discomfort you must have been in. I am so sorry you had to go through it. So relieved and glad that you have made a full recovery!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Au & Target,
There's a bald patch down there now. Poor Nikki has a constant reminder. purrr...meow!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

CO78,
Don't cry! (((((HUGS)))) Nikki is over it now. purrr....meow!

Sandy said...

yea haha she does look like a koala :D

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Tante Sandy,
But a sexy one. har har har *evil laughs*

Cheqna said...

uhh..so glad u r over it now..better care next time eh.

not koala..more like that distant relative of yours with the yellow and black colour..(the lazy) one at the tv cartoon station..hehe

:-)

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Cheqna dear,
It was the vet's fault. Last time we were there, he no longer works at the clinic. purrr...meow!

mokja said...

Dell : Grrrrrr,jahatkan vet itu.Mujuq dah lama ceghita ni.
Anyway..all the best to you.

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Mamason,
We actually cursed the vet - biaq perut dia pun jadi macam tu. purrr....meow!