Saturday, July 9, 2011

Royalty for Cats

Hi Y'all! Let's cut the chase, shall we? I have a business proposal. A sound one, if I may say so.

A tiger on the bed with Nikki?
See the cute "tiger" pencil case Mama got me (that Nikki has agreed to model with)? I've been using that to store my stationeries. You see, we're all homeschooled and Mama insists that we all do proper housekeeping. But I digress....let's get to the point.

Oooo.....he's so handsome.
Look at this cute face. I wonder how many of these "tiger" pencil cases have been produced and used worldwide. It's not cheap, Mama said. She paid RM10 for this little fella and that was on a 50% discount, which means people would normally pay RM20 for a small pencil case. What about those humongous "tiger" plush? I bet they would be more expensive, especially for those with so-called licensed names like Tigger of Winnie the Pooh fame.

Now, let's apply licensing fees on every "tiger" lookalike produced (plush toys, shoes or fabric with tiger prints, rugs, cushions etc etc etc) just like licensing fees charged by the music industry. For every 100,000 "tiger" pencil case, say each sold at normal price of RM20, we take 10% royalty for the real tigers. That's 10% of RM2 million, equals to RM400,000!!!!!

That's RM400,000 for the tigers that we can use for conservation, food, rehabilitation, recreation of habitats, vet services etc etc etc. Who should monitor this effort? I'd suggest myself but I'm just a small kittykat (who doesn't even have a bank account). What about MNS or PAWS or even SPCA? We'll start with Malaysia first, OK? We'll sort out the rest of the world later. Think about it, peeps!

Tiger...errr....cat fight on bed.
Ooohh...and products like this should pay higher royalties. (pix from Uncle Google)
In the meantime, I'll let Nikki continue playing with my "tiger". har har har *evil laughs*

CEO, Tiger & Cat Inc;
Brad

34 comments:

Pi Bani said...

Laa... royalty yang tu ka? Ingatkan Brad or Angelina nak kawin dengan mana-mana royalties...

Mr Puddy said...

Nikki , I think I like your Tiger more than your uncle tiger's picture ! That's freak me out !

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Pi,
Mana ada kawin-kawin ni, kan William dah kawin orang lain....har har har *evil laughs*

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Mr Puddy,
Ehem...it's me Brad....but will pass your message to Nikki. har har har *evil laughs*

Monyet King said...

I think I like the last photo best.

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Your Royal Monyetness,
I was thinking....if the model had marched on the street wearing that yellow "tiger" thingy, would she be arrested? har har har *evil laughs*

Katnip Lounge said...

It's an offer we can't refuse!

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Angelina you are so good with maths!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Katnip Lounger,
I'll send 5% of proceeds to the Catio. Agreed? har har har *evil laughs*

Cat-from-Sydney said...

MKG dear,
Errr....it's Brad here. Angelina is hibernating. Anyway, I had a good tutor. Mama majored in Maths, once upon a time. har har har *evil laughs*

Oskar said...

I'm with Mr. Puddy, that Google picture is somewhat disturbing.

I think you plan is a good one!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

meowwmania said...

amboii Brad kemain lagi otak bergeliga terer lah Brad kita, aunty kena guna sampoa kalo nak mengira nih :D

aby said...

for tiger used by the model,
i will pay full.
wont bargain for the price,

can give SRK to play with ..

Lee said...

Hi Cat, I love the one on that SYT....wonder whether it comes with that SYT? Ha ha.
My pencils was always tied with a rubber band....cheap.
You have fun with those thoughts..
Lee.

tireless mom said...

I second that :) But make sure Tiger betul betul bukan Tiger Woods.

Tamago said...

It's very interesting! You are right, these licensing fees can be used for many good causes!!

CS said...

CAT
Are you sure you have typed correctly takde miss out on any zeros?? You mama dah vet lum?

Psst.. nice bedsheet!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Oskar darl,
We'll include woofies in the recipients' list too. har har har *evil laughs*

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Meoww,
Pakai je calculator kat handphone tu. Lagi cepat. har har har *evil laughs*

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Uncle Aby,
SRK to play with the "tiger" or the model? har har har *evil laughs*

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Uncle Lee,
I'm learning how to fundraise from my Mama. The tigers need me. har har har *evil laughs*

p.s. SYT is Japanese...v near Canada!

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Yatt,
Tiger Woods will be taxed the most. How dare he assume the name "tiger" when he doesn't have stripes...eh eh eh... got....hidung belang! har har har *evil laughs*

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Tamago-san,
Yess....heaps of kibbles for stray felines too, eh? har har har *evil laughs*

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty CS,
Pakai spreadsheet-lah...automatic calculation, summation etc etc. har har har *evil laughs*

psst...ikea....

Sandy said...

Brad is an entrepreneur wannabe now ! Good idea, Brad. What you need to do now is create a seriously funny and cute tiger/cat character. Something that is distinct from Tigger - cos you don't want to be sued, hmm... let me know if you need an illustrator haha

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Tante Sandy,
Tigger should actually be taxed and help contribute to the tiger fund! har har har *evil laughs*

jul said...

Ain't no gud in cat language...juz being curious what u ol cat been up to...hope , wont get killed while sniffing on the job.

Photo Cache said...

MOL. You guys are funny :) Our mama loves the bra idea, she thinks its a hoot.

Emma and Buster

m.q said...

notty Brad!!!!

Ellen Whyte said...

MYCAT would be a good one.

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Emma & Buster,
Your Mama and my Mama are peas of the same pod. Naughty gals!!!! har har har *evil laughs*

Cat-from-Sydney said...

m.q. dear,
Naughty? Hey...I wanna be an entrepreneur. har har har *evil laughs*

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Au & Target,
MYCAT???? Yeah...that's a good one. Will consider them. har har har *evil laughs*

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Jul,
Whatchadoin' sniffing around? har har har *evil laughs*